22 December 2009

merry-making.

we made our gingerbread house with Uncle Regis,

gingerbread house 2009

gingerbread house 2009-2

loaders wrapping 005


And did you know that bulldozers are excellent gift-wrappers?

loaders wrapping 007


They're very helpful like that.

loaders wrapping tie


And that nice storm gave us plenty of time to warm up the house by baking and making.

homemade mallows 2


marshmallows from this recipe.

homemade mallows

sugar bits


The whip had the prettiest little sugar bits hanging on.

puff candy from this recipe. ( I think the stuff is positively yuck-o, but Paul's family loves it...)

puff candy

puff candy 2


And then of course a couple from that favourite book of mine. Jam shortbread again. And Tiger Cake. Mmmmmm. I think this one is my new go-to cake for carrying over to friend's houses for dinner.


And my google reader is overflowing with inspiration: ( If only I had more time!!)

This tiny spool gnome is too sweet.

These gingerbread housefronts would look so nice lined up on my bookshelf.

These pretty little birds would make the cutest gift tags.

And a cuff like this one would be enough to dress up my standby LBD for Christmas.

This gumdrop tree is on my to-do list for today.

This vintage mosaic is just so great.

Oh and everything at Torie Jayne. everything. Especially this birdhouse!


I may be back with one more before the holiday, but if not,

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I hope you had a great holiday!

Unknown said...

I hope you had a great holiday, Thanks for your sweet words about Torie Jayne. Wishing you a happy New Year! x