29 October 2008

halloween week, day three

When my husband was a little boy. he wasn't interested in Halloween. He'd say he wasn't going trick or treating until everyone was walking out the door, then throw something together last minute and go. He tells me he was Mork for like four years. The rest of his childhood, he'd throw on his camoflage pants, rub some dirt on his face and he's a soldier. It's easy enough now to throw my boys into thrifted and last year's costumes, but if that's what I have to look forward to in a few years, I want to be ready.

So here's my last minute costume guide. All as good for adults as kids, I think.

Spa Princess is one I wouldn't have thought of.
You certainly don't see Farmer as much anymore. And you know you still have those overalls hanging around. Good luck trying to get someone to pull you in a wagon though.
This road trip is really original.
Wondertime boasts the easiest costume ever.
How about a black trash bag and some bad sunglasses to be a California Raisin?
And I like every idea in this Fox article. I think I'll be a jellyfish.

Halloween.com has some different ideas for sure:
*Wrap yourself in Aluminum foil, you're a baked potato.
*Wear all white. Attach (or paint) yellow circle to your stomach. You are an egg. Add horns and a pitchfork and you are a deviled egg.
and my favourite: Take a stuffed dog and attach it to your a long sleeve shirt. Use safety pins (or if you can, sew it). Instant attack dog trainer.

This is us, early 90's.

Halloween, 90's style

Me as a vampire, Regis as The Ultimate Warrior with a tan sweatshirt stuffed to make muscles under a tank top, Mike as pirate, Joey in the dog costume with scary mask.

I can't wait to see photos of everyone's costumes. What are you going to be?

4 comments:

-Tee- said...

OMG - I love the pic!!! hehe

Cheryl Arkison said...

I'm laughing at the last minute costumes. I had two go-to costumes when I was a kid - fat vampire and fat jogger. Why the fat part? Well, it usually snowed by Halloween so I was forced to wear a snow suit with my costume. So I would put the costume on top of the snowsuit!

Anonymous said...

Nice photo
Now that is when Halloween was fun

Unknown said...

So cute!