20 December 2011

twenty-eight!

I've read twenty-eight books this year.
I have eleven days to read two more to reach my goal of thirty for my thirtieth year.

So far, my favourites have been The Glass Castle, ( oh my goodness.) and The Forgotten Garden, ( I've been drawing out gardens since I read it in the summer.)

And I got sucked into the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs. yeah, big time. I'm usually not a crime novel person but these just did it for me I guess. It helped that the series is fourteen years-old so I could grab one after another with no wait at my library.

Now in my library bag I have: Dead End Gene Pool by Wendy Burden which was suggested by book movement, and The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon that I've been wanting to read forever. And of course the next Brennan novel. I just finished Half Broke Horses, so I think Dead End needs to be next for a little humor. Have you read either? opinions?

And where in the next two weeks am I going to find time to read? That I don't know. I'll have to be sneaky. Maybe at long stoplights? Maybe on the walk to and from Harry's school. Do you ever walk and read? I used to do it all the time when I was younger.

Are you reading anything good right now?
When ( How?) do you sneak in time to snuggle a book?

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Way to go, reading so many books. I only started keeping track in like September, so I have no idea how many I read this year. One of my favs would have to be Animal, Vegetable, Miracle--I just passed it on to my Dad to read.
I'm currently halfway through The Heart is Lonely Hunter.

Have a great Christmas! :)