10 September 2008

rain, rain...well I don't mind you too much today

I've only said it ten or twelve times, I'm sure and that's no match for how many times more I will: Rainy days are made to be baking days.

So when I saw those black bean brownies, (that seem to be everywhere and I still can't find where I originally found them) I knew exactly what I'd be doing when the weather got crummy. I didn't have black beans, so I used cannelini.


Just open a can of beans, puree them to liquid, and mix them into your boxed brownie mix. (use an awesome vintage hand beater if you can. It makes anything taste better.)

Tada! A less guilt, higher fiber brownie.

Well, the boy ate it without question, but he's two and it's chocolate. It couldn't been liver and would've dug in. I wasn't impressed though. I didn't even keep them around for the husband.

I'll have to try it once again, and shorten the baking time. If you try it, or have tried it, I'd love to hear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? Black bean brownies? Hmmm. I'll have to think about that. I usually don't want anything to come between me and my chocolate...

Allison Fouse said...

I'm all about eating weird food, and trying new things, but this is maybe crossing the line a bit. As Amy said, I don't want anything to come between me and my chocolate!

I have also deemed rainy days as baking days. Well, baking that involves cookies any way. I don't see anyone around here complaining!

Jessica said...

Yes! Rainy days are baking days in my book too. I really, really need to try those black bean brownies....but seeing as though I have 10 (yes, 10) cans of white beans I might use those!

Unknown said...

Oh man. We need to find a molasses cookie recipe. Because, listen:
Molasses cookie + chai tea + rainy day?
You see where I'm going with this.