29 July 2008

I'm Back!

Jessica from Turkey Cookies has nominated me for a blog award. AND Amy from 4 patch!

Really? I feel like we just met.... I've been all girly and proud for days.

The award comes with these rules:

1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link to the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you’ve nominated.
6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking every body’s mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!
I hereby nominate the following "Brillante" blogs:

Amy at Vintage Fern

Anne at Bee Handmade



Allison at In a Nutshell

Amandajean at Crazy Mom Quilts

And of course:


(to be read with a ridiculous weepy voice)
Oh, and a speech? My goodness, I'd like to thank my mom for complimenting my scissor skills when I was five, and my great aunt Clotilde, she was the queen of repurposing with a little glue and glitter! And my wonderful husband Paul for not leaving me when he comes home and the table is buried under another mess that is NOT dinner, and my children and family and oh, all the wonderful crafty and super mommy people I've met here, and of course God for giving me my crafty ideas, and Oh just thank you, everyone! you know who you are...

Okay, that was fun. What have I really been up to? Lots of berry picking. But you may have guessed that. I'm actually off today for more. And a jam-session tomorrow.
Crocheting some bags, I actually went for colour here, imagine that. It's not done yet, ignore the tiny straps.

And trying my damnedest to eat more locally. This was our Saturday lunch. Our Market haul of Local bread cukes and tomatoes made into pesto and Parmesan bread and cukes with kosher salt. yum!

6 comments:

Michele said...

Congrats on your award!!

Your Saturday lunch looks yummy..I'll have to try that someday!

Hugz,
Michele

Unknown said...

Thank goodness you're back!!
Delicious dinner.
The clouds wouldn't stop bumping Sunday night! I thought of you and laughed every time I heard thunder.
Thanks for the blog nod. I'll participate when I'm back from Sandwich.

Jessica said...

I love those crocheted bags (mental note-must get better at crocheting!!). Your local meal looks so yummy-I'm going to make to make some sandwiches like that soon!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy to have you back! I think I'd like to be invited to Saturday lunch at your house - it looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award!

Your lunch sounds quite yummy! Our farmer's market is today and I hope to find some good things to eat!

katy said...

yay for your Bloggie!

Thanks so much for nominating my blog. It still always surprises me that people other than my family read it. I feel fortunate to have stumbled into this nice community of crafty, baking peeps.